Hastelloy C276 is a tungsten-added nickel-molybdenum-chromium superalloy developed to have good resistance to corrosion in a wide range of extreme environments. The high nickel and molybdenum content makes the nickel steel alloy particularly resistant in reducing pitting and crevice corrosion environments, while chromium transmits resistance to oxidizing media.
To preserve the corrosion resistance of welded structures, the low carbon content minimizes carbide precipitation during welding. This nickel alloy resists the formation of precipitates at the grain boundary in the thermally weathered part’s zone of the weld, making it ideal in the welded state for most chemical process applications.
Characteristics of Hastelloy C276 Sheets
Nickel alloy grades have been combined with Hastelloy plates and used in harsh environments. It s a nickel-chromium with a high molybdenum content (15-17% ). There are also controlled amounts of tungsten and iron, as well as minimized carbon content.
- Carbide deposition is minimized during heat treatment and welding when the carbon content is low. In this way, the steel maintains the desirable resistance to use corrosion, even if it is used in welded systems. Welded components product of different substances can weaken after being uncovered to warmth all through welding, making them greater proof against corrosion.
- The most crucial function is the Hastelloy C276 Sheets corrosion resistance. This sheet is remarkably resistant to common corrosion, which includes stress corrosion cracking, pitting, and crevice corrosion, even under difficult circumstances.
- Hastelloy C276 Sheets are more popular in the chemical processing industry for this reason. In addition, It has a high resistance to corrosion caused by seawater.
Application of Hastelloy C276 Sheets
- The Hastelloy C276 Sheets are mainly used in the fabrication industry in applications such as Hastelloy Heat Exchangers, Hastelloy Columns, Hastelloy Condensers, Hastelloy Reactors, Hastelloy Pressure Vessels, Hastelloy Piping Systems, Hastelloy Pipe, and Hastelloy Spargers.
- These sheets are also used in the manufacture of anti-pollution chimney liners, scrubbers, ducts, exhaust gas heaters, dampers, fans, and blower housings.
- The Hastelloy C276 Sheets find their application in the chemical processing components such as reaction vessels, evaporators, heat exchangers, and transfer piping.
- The other uses of these types of sheets are flue gas desulfurization systems, Sour gas wells, Pulp, and paper production, Waste treatment, and Pharmaceutical and food processing equipment.