A huge number of enterprises are increasing their demand for Hastelloy B2 and B3 pipes on the global market. As the product has exceptional qualities, it has grown popular and is employed in a variety of vital industrial applications.
Difference between both hastelloy B2 & B3 pipes:
- Corrosion-resistant, molybdenum-nickel alloy with a solid solution that is Hastelloy B2 Pipe, also known as UNS N10665. This alloy reduces aggressive media such as hydrochloric acid at a variety of concentrations and temperatures, as well as in medium-concentrated sulphuric acid with limited chloride contamination. Phosphoric acid, acetic acid, and a variety of organic acid uses this alloy more often. Hastelloy B2 alloy is resistant to chloride-induced SCC. Resistance to reducing the conditions such as sulphuric, acetic, hydrogen chloride, and phosphoric acids is high. Hydrochloric acid resistivity at all concentrations and temperatures. Outstanding resistance to stress fracture toughness and pits.
- The alloy b3 uns n10675 Welded Pipe is an extra member of the nickel- molybdenum based family of alloys. As it has support of molybdenum in the Hastelloy B3 Hexagonal Pipe displays good resistance to hydrochloric acid, exactly as the ASTM B619 Hastelloy B2 Welded Pipe. There will be less faults during application or processing such as fabrication and welding using Alloy B3 Seamless Pipe. The obtained alloy b3 is checked to determine that no low-quality pipes are produced. The industry produces guidelines and product quality standards to make sure the products are created in the same manner.
Applications of hastelloy B3 and B3:
Most of the alloy b2 used in application in Gas Processing, Specialty Chemicals, Pharmaceutical equipment, chemical uses and also in sea water equipments.
Hastelloy B3 Pipe used in Heat exchangers, condensers, pulp and paper industry, off-shore oil drilling companies, power generation as well as petrochemicals.
Characteristics of hastelloy B2:
1. Controlled chemistry with low iron and chromium concentration to delay the production of ordered-phase Ni4Mo.
2. Significant corrosion resistance in a reducing environment.
3. High resistance to medium-concentrated sulphuric acid and a variety of non-oxidizing acids.
4. Excellent resistance to chloride that induces stress leads to corrosion cracking (SCC).
5. Excellent resistance to a wide variety of organic acids.
Characteristics of hastelloy B3:
1. Ductility is maintained after transitory exposures to moderate temperatures.
2. Outstanding resistance to pitting and stress corrosion cracking.
3. Outstanding resistance to knife-line and heat-affected zone attacks.
4. High resistance to acetic, ferulic acid, and phosphorous acids, as well as other non-oxidizing conditions.
5. Hydrochloric acid resistance at all concentration levels.
6. Superior thermal resistivity than alloy B-2.